Services & Facilities - We support you

Living and studying in Germany might be very different from what you can experience in your home country. This page is designed to give you some first information on different aspects of living and studying at the SRH universities in Germany.

1. Scholarships and Funding

The financial arrangements should be done by the international students before leaving the home country. In Germany you have the possibility to apply to numerous performance-based scholarship programes and, depending on the nationality, to the student loans as well. Some of the SRH universities offer a limited number of scholarships to international students. However, the student jobs or student loans could be another possibility for you to finance your studies.

Funding options:

  • Partial Performance Scholarships / SRH Scholarship Competition
  • ERASMUS+ Grants for Stays Abroad
  • Scholarships offered by other external organisations (e.g. DAAD, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung e.V)
  • German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG)
  • Deutschlandstipendium
  • Student Loans
  • Student Jobs

For more information about scholarships and other funding possibilities please visit the website of the SRH university you would like to study at. The SRH international and student welcome offices are glad to answer any of your questions!

2. Student Visa

International students often need a visa and sometimes a residence permit to study at the SRH Universities. Whether it applies to you or not depends on the country you are from and on the duration of your stay in Germany.

  • If you are a citizen of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland you only need a valid personal ID card or passport. After your arrival please do not forget to register your address.
  • If you are a citizen of one of the following countries and you wish to stay longer than 90 days in Germany you can obtain a visa after your arrival. This applies to the following countries: Andorra, Australia, Brazil, Canada, El Salvador, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, San Marino, South Korea or the United States.
  • If you are a citizen of other countries you will usually need a visa. The application must be done to the German embassy or consulate in your home country.

Please make sure that you apply for a student visa. Do not apply for a tourist visa! You would not be allowed to study in Germany with a tourist visa and a tourist visa cannot be converted into a student visa.

Usually required documents:

  • Valid passport
  • Proof of health insurance
  • Proof of sufficient funds
  • Certificate of past academic work and achievements (a convincing motivation letter should be included, describing how important are your studies at a SRH university for your career)
  • Required language skills
  • Notification of admission from SRH Universities

For more information please contact directly the international offices of the SRH university, you wish to study at. Also you can find more detailed information about visa for Germany on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.

3. Health Insurance

If you plan to study at one of the SRH universities in Germany you will need health insurance. You have to present the proof of your health insurance when you enroll.

As an insured citizen of an EU country or of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland or Macedonia you may have a medical insurance covering your stay in Germany. The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is also valid in Germany.

If you are insured in a non-EU country unfortunately this insurance will propably not cover the travel and study abroad - you then have to buy insurance from one of the statutory medical insurance companies in Germany. In the case of the sufficient medical coverage for the travel and study you may be exempted from the obligatory student insurance.

For more detailed information please contact directly the international or student services of the SRH universities.

4. Housing

Finding an accommodation in the cities near the SRH universities is not always easy and may be even the challenge.  Therefore we highly recommend you to start searching for an accommodation before you arrive in Germany. The SRH university Heidelberg and the EBS university in Oestrich-Winkel offer their students dorms on their campuses. In other SRH locations you have other options such as a room in the state or private student residences, a flatshare or your own flat. The international office of the SRH university you are interested in will be delighted to answer all your questions regarding the possible accommodations!